Sunday, August 4, 2013

Tribute to the Azkals and Malditas and all the Filipino Athletes

Everyone knows I'm a huge aficionado of the Philippine Azkals and the sport of football and that I have the biggest respect towards athletes, so I made this poem as a tribute to them and to the Philippine Malditas who inspire and perspire for their love of the Beautiful Game and for their Filipino Pride.

THE BEAUTIFUL GAME!!!
By Marianne Falcis
Adrenaline comes rushing through my veins;
I’m ready, excited for the challenge.
I came here with the goal to win
To bring pride and glory to my country.
I am a proud athlete.
I am a proud Pinoy.

As a child, I already dreamt of glorious and triumphant trophies and medals.
I know I was destined for greatness.
So, I worked hard to do the best of my abilities,
Always putting up a cheery smile
Even though I was full of aggression and angst.

In those games I’ve played, I’ve won and lost.
Through those loses I’ve learned from my mistakes and tried to improve.
In those victories, I’ve learned humility, modesty and good sportsmanship.
Even though at times I am tired, sad and defeated,
I feel a surge of joy, when I hear our names being cheered,
I know that all our hard work has paid off.
I learned that team work and camaraderie is a crucial ingredient in the recipe for victory.

Now, I play with the best of the bests,
My football- brothers and sisters,
Not blood related but united by one common goal.

And I know I will keep giving my all for this Beautiful Game, the game that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment