Sunday, August 4, 2013

REPORT CARD DAY: A POEM

Since Report Card Day is nearing and we just finished our exams here's a throwback-poem I made when I was in second year. Since then up to now, my feelings towards this event is still the same: nerve-racking.

“Report Card Day”
Time is ticking and so is my lifeline
I am so nervous, obviously not fine
My heart is beating non-stop
It flutters and aches, about to pop
My hands are cold as ice
My stomach is filled with acidic butterflies
My face is slowly turning pale white
I think I can almost see the “light”
I can’t calm down my nerves any longer
‘cause all the waiting is over
Judgment Day is here
And here I am full of fear
With a piece of paper and ink, combined
Together with letters, my future is defined
Will I shine like the stars;
And end battles and wars?
Or will I be like a black hole
In which destruction is her only role?
And now as I open it
I begin to question my wit
As I look down, I gather all my luck

Only to be awestruck


No comments:

Post a Comment